- Go to Google Places and sign in with your Google account. If you do not have one already, you can create one by clicking on "Sign up now".
- Once you are done setting it up, click on "Add listing".
- Here you can put in all the necessary information on your company/organization. After you add your address, it is shown on the interactive map.
- You can add up to five categories for your business. Click "Next".
- Here you can add information about service areas, location settings, hours of operations and also payment options. You should also upload your company logo or picture of the building here. If you already have a video for your organization/business, make sure to upload it here.
- At the very bottom you can add additional details, such as information about parking.
- Check your address again and also make sure the marker in the map is in the right spot. If it is not, you can move it to the correct position. Click "Submit".
- Now you can choose how to validate your listing. You can choose to be called on the phone you added before or you can have Google send you a postcard with the required PIN. Click "Finish".
- When you go back to Google places now, you can see your listing and add the PIN to validate it. Here, you can also add more listings.
- Make sure to check Google maps a few weeks later to see whether your listing is correct.
Monday, May 3, 2010
Your entry on Google maps
On www.maps.google.com you have the possibility to add your company or organization to the interactive map. This is a free service that Google offers and it is very easy to set up: