Follow these 8 tips for a relaxing sleep:
- Listen to your biological clock, but make sure it ticks right: Stay outside in the sunlight during the day as long as possible and do not go to sleep too late.
- Engage in sports in order to get your circulation going. Additionally, your body becomes tired, which will extend your deep sleep phase.
- Take the time to sleep according to your sleeping needs. If necessary, go to bed earlier or take a nap in the afternoon.
- Your nap should not be too long – not more than 30 minutes. Otherwise you will fall in deep sleep, which will make it hard for you to wake up.
- In order to be awake after your nap, you should drink a cup of coffee or black tea before your nap. The caffeine will start kicking in after 30 minutes – just after you wake up from your nap.
- Falling asleep at night will be easier for you, if you do not eat anything two hours before and do not drink coffee or black tea.
- Right before going to bed, you should take a short walk or read a few pages in a good book, instead of watching TV.
- Your bedroom should exclusively be your bedroom. Take out your office (computer, printer) out of your bedroom and also remove your phone and TV.